Friday, January 5, 2018

Winter 2016-2017

After the painfully long local drought in the second half of 2016, the new year started off great with plenty of water around Lookout Mountain.  January 3, 2017 Little River Canyon reached a great level for LRC Falls and we headed out for a huck with some other friends along to shoot photos. 



After an impressive 10 years in production, it was announced that production of the Pyranha Everest would stop at the end of 2016.  In a time when most models of whitewater boats are replaced or redesigned every few years, a decade long production run just goes to show how awesome and loved the Everest was among paddlers world wide.  It was certainly my primary creekboat for many years and while more modern designs have eclipsed it, I wanted to take it out for one final spin before retiring mine for good.  In January of 2017 it had easily been over two years since I had paddled an Everest.  I met my friend HP Dave at a local favorite, Johnnies creek for a couple of laps.



January and February of 2017 were especially good for kayakes as warm weather and good rain events combined to give lots of opportunities for paddling.  I fished the first two month of the year with 26 days on the water on a variety of runs all within 30 minutes of my house, it just doesn't' get any better.  One of my local favorites, Teddy Bear, ran much more often than normal and I put together this little video of some of my favorite rapids.



Until Next Time...

-adam

kayak session

No comments: