Monday, January 15, 2007

"Tight and Right" -low water LRC

As of this writing (1-16-07) Little River Canyon has been running every day this of this new year. Various levels on various days, but at runable levels none-the-less. The great thing about the canyon is that it is very different and different levels... not really better or worse, just different. This past weekend saw a Saturday level of around 0" and I was joined by Brandon and Ricky (aka Headband Man) Martin for a run down Suicide and Upper Two. Ricky and Brandon were first timers to the Suicide section and I was happy to get a chance to share this special run with them. It was a fun day and we were taking our time as we headed downstream, but not bothering with the camera until Pinball where Ricky took my camera down to the bottom. I hit the boof and ferry in the entrance as always, but for some reason as I neared the main drop I decided to catch the eddy. At low water almost no one catches the eddy, but for some reason I made the spit second decision to do so. I entered it low and for another split second it apeared I would make it, but instead I flipped as I floated out of it and into the main drop. Upsidedown and backwards I flushed down the drop, through the hole, and rolled up and pulled into the eddy.







I had never had any trouble at Pinball before, never even a flip in the hole, but I can say that even upsidedown and backwards the run was suprisingly soft. After my line no one was eager to run it so we headed on down river. Shannon met us at the Upper Two put in and the 4 of us headed on down river enjoying the 65 degree weather and clear water of the canyon.
Here are a few of the lines at Screaming Right...






Here is the Roadblock boof...

And the always fun Humpty Dumpty...





Sunday brought even warmer weather. 70 degress and sun while Joey and I made a run of Suicide and Upper Two at -2". We didn't stop at all and were home by 2pm. We had good lines all day and I redeamed myself with a flawless line at Pinball. I guess they can't all go well or it just wouldn't be paddling.
Until next time...
-adam

No comments: